CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Gastrointestinal pyrotechnics

Dear Heidi,

I decided to make your green veggie mix, because its been so long since you've both have had it. I added: a tomato, green pepper, zucchini, summer squash, a cucumber, green beans, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and romaine lettuce. It made a great mix that scooped easily into the mini muffin pans that we use to freeze it for future meals. However, when I went to to feed it to you with your Orijen, you weren't very happy. You ate it, but reluctantly. I decided to use what was left (that wouldn't fit in the pans for freezing) until it was gone. You decided not to eat at all last night, walking away from your bowl completely.

I remember speaking to the animal communicator who told me that you didn't like the green mix. But you always ate it. Its good for you, to get fresh veggies, fruit and meat with your kibble. Just the other day I added ground lamb into your food. But you still wouldn't eat last night, even after I explained that it was good for you. So I tried adding cottage cheese. That, thankfully, seemed to do it. You ate it, anyways...even if you didn't eat the whole thing. Shelby polished the rest of it off for you. SHE doesn't mind the veggies...SHE doesn't care WHAT she eats!!

But maybe I made a mistake making you eat it. Because at 4:00 this morning, we woke up to a surprise. Ginny got up and found small droplets of diarrhea all over the kitchen and bathroom floors. I had a feeling it was you because you hadn't been enthused about eating...even thought I picked up a normal poop when we went for our night time walk. I checked your bummy and it WAS you. You poor thing, you had poo all over you and it was clear you were going to need a tubby to get it all off. Great. Just what we both wanted to be doing at 4:00 am.

I gave you the tubby, and you were good to go. I also gave you two slippery elms to try and calm your belly. Apparently those didn't work for you though, because you just came in with a small amount of bloody diarrhea on your bummy again. Luckily I could get this off with some paper towels, and you didn't need a second tubby (thank doG). But now I feel terrible...was it the veggies and cottage cheese? Was it the lamb the other day? Are you just not feeling well, and maybe caught a bug?

I know how you feel, because I have IBS myself. That feeling is not fun. I wish I could make you feel better. If it continues, we'll go to the doctor and try and figure it out. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and mom will try and make you better. Your spirits are still up, and you still want to play, which are all good signs. I hope you continue to do well, and will keep trying to make you feel better.

I love you, and hope you feel better.
All my love, xoxo

**Amendment:
Shelby started with vomiting tonight after dinner. She threw up about 7 times in 45 minutes, and got to the point that she could not keep down the meds I gave her (pepcid and slippery elm) nor the water she drank. I called the vet who suggested I fast her for the rest of the night and see how she does in the morning. Then she went outside and had a very hard time pooping. When she came in, she had the runs on her back end. I cleaned her up and shes been resting since. I don't know whether they caught a doggy bug, the green veggies aren't sitting well or if it was the raw lamb I gave them the other day... in any case, I feel so bad for them, and am anguishing at the fact I could have caused this. I'll keep the blog updated when I know more, but for right now, they've just got to rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment