CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My first book...any help is appreciated!!

Dear girls,

Ive decided to pursue my dream and write a new book called "Letters to The Bridge". Here is what I have been sending people to explain it:

 Hi everyone,

My name is Jenn, and I am going to be writing a book called "Letters to The Bridge". This book will contain letters from every day people who are grieving the loss of a beloved pet, no matter how much time has passed.

I am looking for people to volunteer to write these letters to their pet and they just might make it into the book. I'm looking for letters 1-2 pages long, telling your pets story. I would also love to have a copy of your favorite picture of your pet.

Please email letterstothebridge@yahoo.com with your letter in the body of the email, rather than in an attachment.

I'm writing this book to help people who are going through the immense grief that comes with the loss of a loved furkid. I want people out there to know that they are not alone, and that millions of people all around the world have the same feeling they do...and how therapeutic writing can be. I was inspired to collect these letters by all of the notes that were written and hung as memorials at the Dog Chapel at Dog Mountain, and by the book "Beezer and Boomer" by Doug Koktavy (this is a book written about his two labs and how they go through the living and dying process).

If anyone would like to help me with this project, please email me at the link above. You can also visit our face book page by typing "letters to the bridge" in the search box.

Thank you for all of your time, help, and stories in advance. Hugs to you all,

Jenn Whalen


What do you think? Ive had this idea for a long while now, but I am finally getting up the nerve to do it. Ive already emailed a publisher, and am waiting eagerly to hear back. I don't know how many people read this little blog of ours, but if anyone would care to write, or pass around the message, I would be so thankful. I'm trying to reach as many people as possible to give them all the opportunity to tell their special, one of a kind, beloved pets story.

I love you girls to the ends of the earth,
thank you for being my co-authors,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment