CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Still fighting the battle...and special outings

Dear Heidi and Shelby,

uggghhhhh....the fleas are not totally gone. Even after a bath and Frontline (which I have never ever used in your life-and now I'm thinking it was a waste and mistake) I found 2 fleas on Shelby this morning. Her skin is all red and still super itchy. I powdered the house this afternoon with our concoction of borax powder, diatomaceious earth and Natural Defense essential oil powder. I plan on powdering you girls with it tomorrow.

I'm also going to call the vet and see if there is anything I can use to help with the itchies. Heidi, you seem to be holding up well-not a lot of bites and not itchy. But Shelby, my little one, you're being eaten alive. Ive got to do something for you. I tried the oatmeal shampoo the other day when we had tubbies but clearly, this isn't enough. I'll see if I can get something stronger for you to help.

On another note, we went to the beach again today. It was auntie Ginny's last day of vacation, and we wanted to make it a special day so she could spend it with us, and of course her kids. You guys had such a blast again, sunning around after your toys and the seagulls. I love watching you run, as if you didn't have a care in the world...so free. I know that part of the secret to keeping you guys healthy and with me for as long as possible is to keep you active and happy. Tomorrow we'll probably go to the farm and have a nice walk there. I look forward to all of our outings...and then watching you sleep when you get home. I know that resting is important for your aging bodies, and watching you sleep after a long walk gives me immense satisfaction. I know that you are happy, and are comfortable enough in our house with your strange pack (of other dogs and cats!) to let your guard down and really sleep...just finding a spot where your comfortable and crash. I feel like I have done my job as dog mom for the day, right.

So for tonight, my little ones, sleep and dream of your favorite places and things to do. I promise that we will try to make your dreams a reality as much as possible. You two deserve it. Being the worlds best shelties and all ;0)

Good night my babies. I will see you in the morning for our next adventure...and for some powdering and grooming...

No comments:

Post a Comment